Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Day of School....First Day Of School!!!

I got to be back in the classroom still observing but I love it! I am so excited to teach on my own!! Last Wednesday I started teaching my science unit on the Moon and Earth! I love teaching! I am designing a seating chart tonight along with a measurement unit! Who doesn't love playing with distances, weight, mass, and the metric system. I can't wait to take over the class!
Third grade still freaks me out but I am learning so much!

Today I was able to teach the full day as the substitute. My site teacher's son was sick. Not so great for her but it was an awesome chance for me to feel really comfortable in the class on my own.
I am starting to LOVE third grade. The kids were really chatty this morning. I think they were trying to push my buttons to see what they could get away with. Have no fear I laid down the law! ha ha By the afternoon they were awesome.
I started teaching my moon unit and realized I do not know a lot about the moon. It is so much fun to hear the students ideas and what they want to learn. We were doing a KWL chart and on the "What we think we know about the moon?" the students said they know it is not made of cheese! LOVE IT!
They are such great students and love learning. I have a few challenging ones with emotions beyond their ages, it is interesting seeing how my teacher reacts to their emotions. I can only hope that one day I can be as amazing as she is. She has been teaching for 13 years and is so good at what she does. Not only that, but you can tell she absolutely loves teaching! Every morning before getting the kids she says,
"Alright get your game face on."
I love that she says this because it reminds me that a lot of what teaching is, is acting!

I can't wait to take over next week and to in the future have my own classroom!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I remember being there, waiting for the day I got to take over!! What a fun time, good luck, you'll do awesome!
    amy young

    ReplyDelete

Life in the MAKING! !

Daisypath Christmas tickers