Monday, August 24, 2009

SCHOOL STARTED...A WEEK AGO!!

Well I started as a student teacher at Grant elementary last week! It has been way fun getting to know the teachers! Today was the first day we had kids! Kindergarten was just testing and assessments! It was so fun to meet a few kids! But mostly busy work! WHICH IS GETTING OLD! Have you ever had to Bind Journals by hand it sucks!! But I am trying my hardest to work hard so I can get a great letter of recommendation for the future! I can't wait until it is my turn to have my own classroom! Decorate my own bulletin boards and door! One of my favorite things is walking around the school and seeing all the different themes! The teacher's I am working with have bugs and frogs! I love both! The KINDER BUGS and the 3rd Grade Frogs! It is so fun! I can't wait to come up with my own themes! Did I say that already! Anyway! I was thinking a Jungle Theme, or Rain Forest, or African, or something with lots of animals with an Elephant!

I guess the hardest part of this week is having Trent leave before me! I don't like being back in school! But I am making the most of it! Just Smile and Laugh and everything goes GREAT!


3 comments:

  1. We need to chat, I want to hear all your stories. I am so happy for you. LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love the rainforest idea. I remember in 6th grade when we learned about the rainforest my teacher used a dark green garden hose and hung if from the ceiling like vines and each time we learned about something inthe rainforest we colored a pictures and hung it on the "vine" I'll have to see if I can find a picture to show you, it was great. I'm so glad you are finally working with some kids. I bet you are the most amazing teacher ever! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fun Natalie! I'm way excited for you. I know what you mean about wanting your own classroom to decorate and stuff. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Life in the MAKING! !

Daisypath Christmas tickers