Friday, February 19, 2010

Last day in 3rd Grade!


I can't believe it but today was my last day in third grade! These past 7 weeks (3months) went by so fast! I have really been in there since October! I love those kids! Today was the best last day! I was doing odds and ends to get everything together (making books of units that I made.) In the work room I was called down to my classroom. At first I was really worried that I was late for "Friday Fun" (which is time for those kids that have missing assignments to catch up) or that a student might be hurt. BUT the truth is my class surprised me with a DISNEY PARTY!! My site teacher knew how much I love Disney, she bought Princess Cupcakes and had old fashion Mickey Movies up on the projector! It was the best present ever! As a third grade they made me the sweetest book with letters from all the students. Reading through them brought tears to my eyes! I have learned so much being in this classroom. I don't know where I would be with out my amazing site teacher Tami! She has been teacher for 13 years and is absolutely amazing! I can only home to be as amazing as her some day! Thanks Tami! and Thank you to all my students for helping me learn!

Here is just a few things I was able to do with my students!

A science unit on the MOON and EARTH! Studying the surfaces, shapes, orbits, rotations, revolutions, and differences! I learned so much! It was a blast!

My Bulletin board!
Playing with the Dust on the Moon!! Making Craters and seas!



These are plates with the different moon phases behind each night scene!

A math unit on MEASUREMENT!! Teaching Distance, Time, Weight, Mass, and Capacity all in both metric and customary measurements!


Measure how much water fits in the gallon, quart, and pint jugs!
Measuring the width of the cd and the length of the flashlight!

LOTS AND LOTS of READING UNITS!! We talked about verbs and combining sentences. Read stories to help us Infer about future events, talked about the sequence of events of stories and much much more!!

Fun art!! Rembrandt Shading!
I learned so much that I can't begin to write down!!
NOW ON TO KINDERGARTEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life in the MAKING! !

Daisypath Christmas tickers