Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 5 or so!

Ok I am a few days behind! So today Monday Nov. 8th! I am so grateful for
SAFETY!!

Today was a pretty scary day at school. At about 1:45 we were just about to go outside when the Principal came over the PA system and said, "We are on lockdown everyone to their rooms." I had to get all my students out of the hall way and into my room as quick as possible. A few minutes later the principal came over the PA again saying, "This is not a drill, this is a real lock down! Turn off your lights and stay quiet!"

Needless to say we are all safe! There was a robbery in Sandy that ended in Murray with a ditched car. Here is the link to a short story about it...

It was pretty adventurous! Kids peeing in a bucket because we had not had a break for the bathroom since lunch. Candy for a treat. Hang man for two hours. Story time by Mrs. Young! Pretty silly stories. Finally at about 4:15pm parents were allowed to pick up their kids! This was an hour and 15 mins. after school!

I am just so GRATEFUL for an amazing class that was able to listen and sit quietly for 2.5 hours!

1 comment:

  1. That is so scary. When I taught first grade we also had a lock down, but it was only for about twenty minutes. I think I was more scared than the students.they did not really understand what was going on.

    ReplyDelete

Life in the MAKING! !

Daisypath Christmas tickers