Monday, June 2, 2008

Feeding the Hundreds...

This weekend I had the opportunity to serve in my calling! For some reason they love putting me and my partner Brandon over food! Friday evening Brandon, My mom, Jennifer, and I went to Costco! We bought 2 boxes of grapes,3 watermelons, 3 cantaloupe, 3 boxes of Bisquick 4 6packs of OJ, 7 packages of precooked bacon, 10 gallons of milk, 72 eggs, and 140 water bottles . We planned on cooking breakfast for 150 people of the Holladay 4 singles wards!

At 7:30am we were to meet at the ward house to prepare breakfast! I arrived at 7:50am after buying ice! My partner Brandon wasn't there yet! I wondered if something was wrong! He is usually the one waking me up because I am late. The H-4 co-chair Graham said he had called him and text him with no answer yet! So we began to cook breakfast! I cut up 2 watermelons, and with the help of many other members of the service committees we cut up 3 cantaloupe, made 2 boxes of Bisquick (which makes 310 pancakes), made a giant orange water jug of OJ, and 3 packages of bacon!

8:30am rolled around and people began to show up! The 150 people turned into about 60! Not a milk was opened! and we had lots of extras! Luckily one of the service projects was taking food around to the elderly! So they took 8 gallons of milk, and 4 packages of bacon! The extra fruit was takin across the street to the Olympus Cheerleaders working hard washing cars! and the rest was divided amongst the service committees!

All in all it went well! Defiantly not as stressful as cooking a full dinner for 600! I love the feeling after serving! It is such an awesome calling to have! I feel like I get all the rewards from it!

Oh Brandon finally arrived at 8:20 am! He had slept through his 6:30 am alarm and had been woken up by his brother! By the time he got there we were all ready to go! We gave him a hard time the rest of the morning! He was a good sport to put up with our teasing! He is the best partner in "service" crime to work with!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for service!!! I am so happy you sent me your address for your blog! Now we can maybe keep in touch more through this! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natalie! How are you? I love your story about you and Trent. When Jason and I started dating I remember wanting him to date other girls... but he didn't feel like he had to either... maybe that is why they are such good friends! We seriously need to get together! You guys should come over our apartment here in Provo... we can hang out with Chris and his Girlfriend as well!

    ReplyDelete

Life in the MAKING! !

Daisypath Christmas tickers